Friday, May 2, 2008

Original Poem: You And Me

You And Me

I remember that day when you said it was meant to be
My heart could not believe it; I was so happy
I remember those hours we would stay on the phone
Sometimes we’d be silent, but we knew we weren’t alone
I remember those trips we would take on holidays
Driving cross-country and breathing in the sunrays
I remember those nights we would spend on the lawn
We would lie there all night and not rise until dawn
I remember those restaurants you’d take me to eat
And the movies afterwards that made the night complete
I remember those songs you’d perform for me
I loved every single one of them, I can really guarantee
I remember those years that flew by so fast
With every moment we shared, it was so clear it would last
I remember that night when we shared our last moment
When we’d say our farewells and reminisce on our life spent
Even though you’re still down there and I’m up above
We both know that nothing could ever tear apart this love

No comments: